Contract: 3 years, full-time
Based: Dublin, Cork or Galway, with some travel within Ireland
Salary: €35,000 – €40,000 per annum, subject to experience
Annual Leave: 23 days
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following successful completion of probation.
COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion drive success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. We are committed to Respect, Equality, Inclusion and Diversity both in our workforce and in our engagement with others. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland is a national organisation supporting Ireland’s most innovative charities and social enterprises through cash grants and business supports. Every euro we raise in fundraising is matched by a euro from the Government of Ireland via the Dormant Accounts Fund. Since 2016, we have grown rapidly, working with organisations like Google.org, IPB Insurance, Bank of America as well as families, trusts and foundations to create 25 Funds and support 128 social innovations (up until the end of 2019).
Our high-growth continues in 2020, as we gear up to manage 17 Funds this year alone, (including a €5.5 million Fund which supports charities’ innovative responses to the COVID-19 crisis) and well over 134 social innovations. We will also continue to pursue new funding opportunities so that we can support more and more charities who increasingly face new challenges posed by this unprecedented pandemic.
We believe Rethink Ireland will increasingly play a vital role in addressing our most critical social, economic and environmental issues in 2020 and beyond. And as Ireland continues to navigate through this pandemic, there has never been a better time to ‘re-think’ our country and make it a better, more inclusive place to live and work for all.
ABOUT THE EQUALITY FUND
At Rethink Ireland, we know that Ireland is not an equal place for everyone who lives here. We are committed to partnering with civil society organisations to challenge these inequalities and to create a country where everyone can feel accepted and thrive.
This is why we created the Equality Fund 2020 – 2023. This €3 million Fund is supported by the Peter Kinney and Lisa Sandquist Foundation and the Government of Ireland. This Fund will support organisations and groups that empower marginalised communities and tackle systemic inequality. Learn more about the Equality Fund here.
- You will support a rigorous process for the selection of Awardees
- You will manage multiple portfolios of Awardees to meet programme targets
- You will support Awardees to achieve social impact, in line with investment objectives and conditions.
- You will support the Senior Fund Manager and others in the development and growth of the Fund
- You will manage relationships with Rethink Ireland´s applicants, Awardees, and the wider community.
Reporting to a Senior Fund Manager, this role will drive and deliver Rethink Ireland´s impact. You will work closely with our agile team.
Success in the role will look like a group of self-evidently impactful Awardees. These Awardees:
- will have been selected through a rigorous selection process,
- will have participated in a powerful capacity building programme,
- and will agree that working with Rethink Ireland has helped them build their future plans and impact.
- You will secure high-quality applicants through fund promotion and the recruitment of applications
- You will run the call for applications and project selection process,
- You will plan programmes of capacity building for awardees
- You will deliver, with partners, capacity building programmes for Awardees
- You will manage the investment relationship with Awardees
- You will manage Awardee performance and reporting
- You will work Awardees to develop growth plans and define their social impact goals and deliver them
- You will commission and coordinate the relationship between suppliers, consultants, Awardees and Rethink Ireland
- You will build successful partnerships with other organisations
- You will set and to meet programme targets, in conjunction with your Senior Fund Manager
- You will manage budgets and provide financial reports and social impact reports to the CEO, team and Board
- You will support the marketing, fundraising and communications work of Rethink Ireland
- Like all staff, you will be an Ambassador for Rethink Ireland in all your work.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
- You have demonstrated leadership skills – in a paid or voluntary role
Equality and Human Rights
- You have experience of working for Equality and the promotion of Human Rights
- You have experience of working with minority and marginalised communities
- You will have a passion for Equality and a desire to work shoulder to shoulder in partnership with community organisations
Analytical and Business Skills
- You have experience and knowledge of social impact definition and business planning processes
- You have experience of capacity building work with organisations
- You have experience of managing a portfolio of organisations in an investment or philanthropic context
- You can analyse material and summarise, distil and synthesise quickly – both verbally and in writing
- You have report writing skills
- You have experience (or interest in) research, impact measurement
- You have a track record of project management, delivering projects on time and on budget.
- You are familiar with analysing financial statements
- You have experience in preparing and managing project budgets.
People and leadership skills
- You are capable of leading a group of diverse innovators and leaders to work towards ambitious targets and a shared common vision or goal
- You have a track record of partnership building
- You able to build trusted relationships
- You are able to line manage people, provide support and guidance
- You are in the arts of negotiation and persuasion
- You are committed to excellence
- You are comfortable in an entrepreneurial culture and a fast-moving environment
- You have a natural curiosity and a desire to learn
- You have drive and ambition
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place, and you are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
- Understanding of academic evaluation processes
- Ability to analyse or write a strategic or business plan
- Experience of line managing people.
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion and diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation
- Traveller community.
We also actively oppose discrimination on the ground of disadvantaged socioeconomic status.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply via this LINK by 9.00 am Friday 9th October. If you have any problems applying, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that any information, data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.