We’re hiring a New Business Development Executive
At Rethink Ireland our vision is to build a more equal, just, and sustainable Ireland. At Rethink Ireland, we also fully commit to Respect, Equality, Inclusion, and Diversity and welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities. We actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, Traveller community, and Civil or family status.
We’d love to hear from you even if you feel like you don’t meet all the requirements for this role because we understand the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply. By joining our team as the Business Development Executive you will play a crucial role in helping innovative organisations rise to the challenges of our most pressing social and environmental issues.
You will also play an integral role in delivering the Rethink Ireland fundraising strategy with a particular focus on our delivery of increased funds from international major donors, trusts, and foundations. We are looking for someone who is collaborative and excellent at managing relationships both internal and external. You will have the ability to persuade, both in written and verbal English. You are curious, you enjoy research, and love to discover new avenues for potential funders.
The Business Development Executive will play an integral role in delivering the Rethink Ireland fundraising strategy with a particular focus on our delivery of increased funds from international major donors, trusts and foundations.
As a key member of the Business Development Team, this role reports to the Business Development Manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Research, manage and deliver applications for trusts, foundations and major donors
- Identify relationships with new and potential donors
- Nurture relationships with existing donors
- Work closely with other teams in the organisation to create strong cases for support and impact reports for potential donors
- Assist in the development of a strong funding pipeline
- Participate as part of the Rethink Ireland business development team in all working groups, meetings and workshops as required
- Perform other business development activities as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A strategic thinker with 1-2 years experience in the area of fundraising and/or business development
- Experience in grant or bid writing or case for support development
- Strong analytical and research skills with a focus on return on investment
- Target and results-driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrable track record of stakeholder management
- Experience of structuring workload and conflicting demands comfortably managing the multiple dimensions of the role
- A clear understanding of new media and technology and its application to fundraising
- Consistent excellence in verbal & written communications in English – the ability to write effectively and persuasively is a must
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality who can work well in a team environment
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- A commitment to Rethink Ireland’s vision and values
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre.
- Our Values
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply through https://rethinkireland.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31
by 9 am on Friday 21st January 2022. If you have any problems applying, or would like to discuss the role, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed.