WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a senior financial professional with people management experience to oversee three core functions within the organisation. The ideal candidate has an understanding of the financial systems, controls, and compliance that are best practice in the Irish charitable and government sectors and the ability to introduce new systems and ways of working, that bring the team with them.
The Director of Finance will bring a strategic finance perspective to the development of Rethink Ireland’s strategy and business planning.
You will be a commercially minded finance leader capable of developing the finance team and bringing strategic financial leadership to the organisation at every level. You will enjoy working in a growth context and come with an entrepreneurial, problem-solving mindset and the high expectations that inspire excellence in all those around you.
As a member of the Leadership Team and playing a central role in developing the organisational strategy and culture, you will have outstanding judgment and integrity and will drive excellence in corporate governance and compliance.
Reporting to the CEO, and supported by a finance team (including a financial controller), this role will operate at a strategic level, whilst remaining hands-on. It will involve significant engagement with key stakeholders including the Board, senior officials in Government, awardees, and donors/funders.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of Rethink Ireland to ensure the organisation remains financially resilient and is capable of delivering on its strategic objectives
- Provide financial analysis, planning and advice to guide decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure a high standard of transparent financial planning to enable strategic decision making including financial modelling
- Develop and implement meaningful Key Performance Indicators to ensure the organisation remains focused on its key objectives
- Bring effective leadership to financial systems and process development, delivering the efficiency and effectiveness integral to a high-performing and cost-effective finance function.
- Ensure that all of the organisation’s financial practices are in line with statutory and fiscal regulations
- Support the Finance Committee of Rethink Ireland’s Board
- Encourage a culture of finance as a service/support role, close collaboration with the organisation’s other teams and good financial stewardship throughout Rethink Ireland.
Team Leadership – Finance/Human Resources /Administration
- Develop and equip the finance team to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Supported by the Financial Controller, lead, manage and mentor the Finance Team to:
- Ensure the provision of clear and accurate monthly management information, on a fund by fund basis, to drive effective decision making in a fast-moving and high-growth environment.
- Deliver all aspects of the financial reporting, financial control, working capital management, budgeting and forecasting functions, monthly bank reconciliations, payments and banking requirements
- Ensure that payment processes are organised efficiently and that all payments are made in a timely manner
- Preparation of year-end statutory accounts and liaising with the group’s external auditors to conclude the audits in a timely manner
- Production of the annual budget and forecasts and perform financial modeling for future cash flow needs for the business operations.
- Oversee and ensure the smooth and effective delivery of the Human Resources function and activities.
- Oversee and ensure the smooth and effective running of general office administration and administration staff.
Governance, Legal & Compliance Leadership
- Lead, drive and manage a culture of excellence in corporate governance and compliance that appropriately draws on internal and external expertise
- Oversee all of the organisation’s contracts, including with employees, donors, awardees as well as external suppliers and consultants
- Ensure an accurate register of organisation risk is maintained and reviewed and work with key leaders to mitigate these risks.
- Data Protection – ensure the organisation complies with all aspects of GDPR.
- Support the Audit & Risk Committee of Rethink Ireland’s Board.
- Play a full part in Rethink Ireland’s 4 member Leadership team to drive the implementation of the organisation’s mission, vision and strategy.
- Be the key finance partner shaping commercial activity, new business models, and the financial direction of the organisation.
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / CIPA) with at least 10 years of financial and investment management experience, ideally at senior level
Strategic and commercially minded with strong analytical skills, experienced in the provision of quality management information and business planning.
- Excellent organisational and collaborative leadership skills, combined with outstanding communication and people management skills
- Strong knowledge of best in class financial systems, processes, tools
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a proven operational and strategic mindset, with evidence of both revenue and profitable growth
- Experience at working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight
- Commitment to results; ‘can-do’ mindset and outstanding problem-solving ability
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- You have the ability to build and maintain relationships
- You are committed to excellence and have strong attention to detail
- You are a team player and self-motivated problem solver
- You are able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in managing significant government funding relations and reporting
- Previous experience in a charity or not for profit organisation with a high degree of entrepreneurial activity would be advantageous
- Previous experience of finance transformation would be advantageous
- Previous experience in a grant making, government, or venture capital environment would be advantageous
- MBA or similar business degree
- You have knowledge of Google Suite (Google docs, Google Sheets, Gmail).
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community.
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
Please apply via this form
by Monday, January 24th at 9 am.