Contract: 1 year, full-time
Salary: €27,000 – €30,000 per year, subject to experience
Annual Leave: 23 days
Benefits: 8% employer pension contribution, following successful completion of probation
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion drive success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. We commit to respect, equality, inclusion and diversity, both in our workforce and in our engagement with others. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland (previously Social Innovation Fund Ireland) provides cash grants and business support to charities and social enterprises working in Irish communities across the country. These are the organisations not just thinking differently, but who are putting their ideas into practice and building a more inclusive Ireland. We work with companies, families, individuals and foundations who understand new thinking in Ireland is needed. Every euro they donate to Rethink Ireland is matched by the Irish Government from the Dormant Accounts Fund.
Since our first year of operations in 2016, we have created a €65 million social innovation fund. We’ve partnered with companies, trusts, foundations, families and individuals to create 30 funds tackling issues such as inequality and educational disadvantage to support over 200 social innovations. These innovations have reached 300,000 people and enabled 864 people experiencing disadvantage to progress into employment.
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver the social impact of Rethink Ireland. At its heart, this role is focused on ensuring that our Awardees are crystal clear about the metrics that drive their impact – identifying them, tracking them, analysing them and reporting them. It is a critical relationship management role with both applicants and Awardees.
The successful candidate will report to a Fund Manager within the Impact & Operations Team and work closely with the Marketing Communications, Finance and Business Development Teams.
- You will work with the Impact & Operations team, taking a leadership role in some areas and an execution or support role in others, in order to develop strong Awardee relationships and deliver maximum Awardee performance
- You will support the development and delivery of our Awardee training programmes
- You will support quarterly performance reviews of Awardees
- You will support the development and selection process for applicants for new funds and lead on due diligence processes
- You will support the successful close-out of funds as assigned by your line manager, including completing donor reporting on time and delivering an excellent showcase event (working closely with the Marketing Communications Team)
- You will design, collect, analyse and verify impact data, identifying trends and producing reports, both statistical and visual
- You will support the implementation of social impact and portfolio management systems including financial reporting
- You will deliver your tasks on budget
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
- Participate in training as requested
- Attend meetings and events as requested
- Office administration
- Support the work of the Impact & Operations Team as a whole
- Support the marketing, communications and fundraising activities of Rethink Ireland
- Contribute your ideas on the future development of Rethink Ireland to the team
- Mentor and support graduates and interns
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a primary degree in a relevant area (for example business, social science, arts and humanities, or journalism)
- You have 2 years’ work experience that demonstrates your track record of using analytical skills to distil complex information and reach a conclusion
- You have a great ability to be persuasive through your excellent written and verbal English
- You have experience in report writing
- You have strong analytical and numeracy skills
- You have knowledge of Google Suite and of other cloud-based systems
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team setting
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of the environment for social enterprises, social innovations, entrepreneurship or the non-profit sector
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply through this LINK by 9am on Monday, March 8th 2021. If you have any problems applying, or would like to discuss the role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any information which you submit will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your record will be deleted after the process is completed.