COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion drive success and help us to achieve our highest potential as an organisation. We commit to respect, equality, inclusion and diversity, both in our workforce and in our engagement with others. We strongly welcome applications from members of minority and marginalised communities.
ABOUT RETHINK IRELAND
Rethink Ireland (previously Social Innovation Fund Ireland) supports the most innovative non-profit organisations working in communities across the country. We believe that a team effort is more effective than working alone. So joining forces with the Government, companies, families, individuals and foundations, who understand as we do that lasting change demands new thinking, is how we do business.
Together we create funds to help innovations rise to the challenges of our most pressing social and environmental issues. Our cash grants and business supports enable social innovations to develop and maximise their impact. This is our venture philanthropy model. The groups we support and the donors who support us don’t just think differently. They act decisively on their ideas to build a more equal, just and sustainable Ireland.
What is social innovation?
At Rethink Ireland, we define social innovation as the successful delivery of new approaches to meet social needs more effectively and sustainably than those currently available.
Our mission is to support the best social innovations so that they can grow and maximise their impact across Ireland.
Our vision is an Ireland which is more just, equal and sustainable because of social innovation.
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver the social impact of Rethink Ireland. At its heart, this role is focused on ensuring that our Awardees are crystal clear about the metrics that drive their impact – identifying them, tracking them, analysing them and reporting them. It is a critical relationship management role with both applicants and Awardees.
The successful candidate will report to a Fund Manager within the Portfolio Management Team and work closely with the Marketing Communications, Finance and Business Development Teams.
- You will work with the Portfolio Management team with a particular focus on Equality, Education and Health, taking a leadership role in some areas and an execution or support role in others, in order to develop strong Awardee relationships and deliver maximum Awardee performance
- You will support the development and delivery of our Awardee training programmes
- You will support quarterly performance reviews of Awardees
- You will support the development and selection process for applicants for new funds and lead on due diligence processes
- You will support the successful close-out of funds as assigned by your line manager, including completing donor reporting on time and working closely with the Marketing and Communications Team
- You will design, collect, analyse and verify impact data, identifying trends and producing reports, both statistical and visual
- You will support the implementation of social impact and portfolio management systems including financial reporting
- You will deliver your tasks on budget
- Like all staff, you will act as an ambassador for Rethink Ireland at all times.
- Participate in training and attend meetings and events as requested
- Administrative tasks such as supporting grant payments, and consolidating budgets
- Support the work of the Portfolio Management Team as a whole
- Support the marketing, communications and fundraising activities of Rethink Ireland
- Contribute your ideas on the future development of Rethink Ireland to the team
- Other duties as assigned by your line manager to support the goals of Rethink Ireland
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have either a primary degree in a relevant area (for example business, social science, arts and humanities, or journalism) or an equivalent amount of experience.
- You have 2 years work experience that demonstrates your track record of using analytical skills to distil complex information and reach a conclusion
- You have the ability to be persuasive through your excellent written and verbal English
- You have experience in report writing
- You have strong analytical and numeracy skills
- You have knowledge of Google Suite and of other cloud-based systems
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team setting
- You demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- You are passionate about making Ireland a better place and are committed to Rethink Ireland’s mission and values.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of the environment for social enterprises, social innovations, entrepreneurship or the non-profit sector.
- Experience in using CRM system Salesforce.
- Experience in organising, managing and running online and/or in-person events.
- Familiarity with budgeting & financial reporting would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with project management.
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality who can work well in a team environment.
- A commitment to excellence.
- A commitment to Rethink Ireland’s vision and values.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre.
- 23 days annual leave
- 8% employer pension contribution
- Paid time off in lieu.
- Paid sick, maternity and parental leave following successful completion of probation.
At Rethink Ireland, we know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you feel like you don’t meet all the requirements above — we’d love to hear from you.
- We work with our hearts and our heads – we value compassion, passion and fun.
- We take smart risks and we allow permission to fail because we know that innovation and risk are two sides of the same coin.
- We believe that social change is a team sport. We build trusted relationships, and we choose to collaborate to achieve our goals.
- We are curious and hunger to learn.
- We value bold ideas and bold leadership, and we develop remarkable people.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly believe that diversity and inclusion equate to success. The work we do is underpinned by respect, equality, inclusion & diversity.
In line with Ireland’s Equality Legislation, we actively oppose discrimination on the following 9 grounds:
- Civil status: single, married, divorced, etc.
- Family status: if you’re the parent or person responsible for a child over 18, or if you’re the main carer or parent of a person with a disability.
- Sexual orientation.
- Traveller community
We also actively oppose discrimination on the grounds of socio-economic disadvantage.
Please apply HERE by 5.30pm on Wednesday, November 30th 2022.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact us at email@example.com